If you hosted a few parties or family gatherings over the holidays, your powder room was probably one of the most used spaces in your home. As the smallest room in the house, it is the easiest and least expensive to renovate. If your powder room needs freshening up, consult the design experts at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont for a fun and functional update of your half bath!
5 Elements for a Great Powder Room
- Efficient Layout- Most half baths are squeezed into small areas (sometimes even under the stairs) so planning toilet placement and vanity dimensions is crucial.
- Small Sink- Unlike other bathrooms where storage is a high priority, conserving space is top on the list for powder rooms so a wall-mounted or pedestal sink makes the most sense.
- Soft Lighting- Since this is the room that most guests will utilize, installing flattering lighting above or to the sides of the mirror will be appreciated.
- Unique hardware- While you want to compliment the style of the rest of your home, the powder room hardware doesn’t have to match your other bathrooms, so consider stand out pieces.
- Bold Walls- The small area of a half bath is the perfect space to do something fun or dramatic with a strong color, graphic wallpaper or patterned tile on the walls!
When making changes in such a small space, it is really important to take into account how each feature and fixture works with each other. Hiring a professional designer will ensure that your powder room remains functional and refreshing, and a professional contractor guarantees that the remodel will be done efficiently and expertly. The experienced team at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont have countless creative ideas to update your home’s powder room- make an appointment with us to start planning this fun renovation!