When it comes to remodeling your Boulder home, the possibilities are endless. There are so many aspects to consider regarding space, design, fixtures, flooring, etc. Choosing the right tile is equally important. Due to its versatility, tile can be used in practically every area of the home. From back splashes in the kitchen, to bathroom walls, flooring, and fireplaces, tile can be a relatively quick way to not only update a space, but add a fresh, beautiful look to any room.
As with paint and carpet, there are many variations of tile, which can make the process of choosing the right style quite difficult.
Here is what we can expect to see more of in 2018:
- Wood Tile – Tile that resembles wood is a popular look this year. It’s beautiful and can stand up to moisture, unlike natural wood. A great idea for adding a rustic look to the kitchen or bath.
- Moroccan Tile – Unique shapes and vivid colors are making these tiles a hot option, especially as a backsplash for the kitchen.
- Metallic Tile – Metallics are becoming more and more popular. No space is too large or small to add some sparkle, making this tile a desirable look on backsplashes, or feature walls, such as a fireplace.
- Chevron Pattern Tile – This pattern has been popular for a while now, so why not incorporate it onto a floor or wall. It can make an otherwise dull room interesting and stylish.
- Black/Dark Tile – Make a dramatic statement in a bathroom by adding black or dark tiles. Not only does this add a timeless look, it gives a luxurious feel to the room.
- Textured Tile – These tiles come in many colors, designs, and sizes and add personality to a plain or neutral space. They work well in showers, baths, or kitchens.
- Large Tile – While these tiles are quite popular in showers, they are also being used as backsplashes in kitchens.
- Matte Tile – The trending look of the matte finish on tiles is a great way to add style to any room, especially when contrasting with a gloss tile of the same color.
As with any room remodel, it’s important to have a professional contractor do the work. This is no different when it comes to tile work/replacement. So, if it’s time for a new kitchen back splash, or the bathroom needs remodeling, the experts at KBC Remodel Service of Boulder County can provide the quality work that you deserve. Contact us today!