Now is the time to start the ball rolling on a commercial construction project you hope to start this summer! The approval process typically takes a minimum of three months before construction can begin. Hiring an experienced commercial contractor like KBC Remodeling Services of Longmont can make all the difference in fast-tracking the approval process!
How a Commercial Contractor Assists Before Construction Begins
- Project Drawings: The first step in any construction or renovation project is to translate the client’s ideas into a professional design. The drawings will typically take several weeks to do, and will need to be sealed by a licensed professional before turning them in for review by the local authority.
- Site Plan Review: This process can take several months before getting approval. Having an experienced contractor as part of your team in these early stages will help speed up the process, which translates into savings by shortening the duration of the project.
- Zoning Compliance: Hiring a commercial contractor that is knowledgeable about all the local zoning regulations will prevent time-wasting revisions and get your plan approved faster.
- Building Permit: After receiving zoning and site plan approval, the next step is applying for a building permit. Several documents, such as stamped architectural, plumbing and electrical plans, and fees will be required but review typically only takes 2 weeks.
- Financing: This needs to be in place before starting actual construction, but can be secured at the same time as seeking approval from the local jurisdiction. Hiring a commercial contractor with excellent liability insurance will help in getting your project funded.
Summer is the ideal season for construction since the weather does not cause delays, which is why it is also the industry’s busiest time. Don’t delay in bringing a team of professionals on board in the planning phase- their experience will prove invaluable in navigating the complex approval process. KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont is the commercial contractor you want on your team whether you are planning a new building or renovation project. Call us today to get started!