Summer is a time of year when most of us spend a lot of time outside but Colorado’s fall and spring weather is also very pleasant, so extending our living space to enjoy these three seasons makes sense. Consider screening in your porch with the professional contractors at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont to enjoy more time outside in comfort.
A screened-in porch will get more use than a deck since the closed-in space gets you out of the elements and away from annoying mosquitoes. These spaces are also relatively inexpensive and quick to build since they don’t require insulation or an HVAC system. Below are ideas for making the most of your new outdoor living space, compiled from this Houzz article written by Becky Harris.
5 Tips for Adding a Screened-in Porch
- Add a barrier underneath the flooring if the porch is elevated to prevent bugs from crawling up from beneath the deck.
- If your kids and/or pets usually don’t look before they leap, only install screens along the top half of the walls.
- Increase your comfort in this space by adding a ceiling fan for hot summer days, and a fireplace for chilly nights.
- Install overhead lighting if possible, or consider a skylight to bring in more daylight and provide a view of the stars later.
- Use natural materials to increase the connection to the great outdoors, and furnish with waterproof fabrics.
A screened-in porch is a great area to enjoy a bug-free meal or to breathe in fresh air while catching some zzz’s. So if you’re ready to extend your outdoor living space to enjoy nature in comfort almost all year-round, contact the professionals at KBC Remodeling Services today to screen in your porch!