Hiring an expert designer to create a lighting plan for a home theater or art collection is a necessity, but bringing in a professional in lighting design for certain rooms, or an entire home or business, will make a big difference in the mood of your space as well. Proper lighting is essential in creating an inviting space and a lighting designer can guarantee not only a well-lit room but also one that highlights favorite features, reduces glare and increases energy efficiency! If you are curious to see how a lighting design can dramatically enhance the atmosphere of a space, enlist the professionals at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont.
5 Tips for Creating an Effective Lighting Design
- The kitchen and bathroom need the brightest light, whereas the family room, dining room and bedroom are better suited for dimmer ambient lighting. Task lighting is especially important in the kitchen where you will be working with knives and heat.
- Consider where you will need outlets, and if they will be best placed in the wall, floor or inside cabinetry. It’s always better to add another needed outlet than risk overloading one or tripping over long cords.
- Also plan where light switches would be most conveniently located (usually near the entrance of a room) and what type works best at each location.
- Dimmers are most commonly installed in living rooms and dining rooms but they also make sense to have in the kitchen for a casual party atmosphere, and in the bathroom for relaxing.
- Creating layered illumination in a room is where hiring a lighting design professional really pays off. The designer will know exactly how to blend ambient, task and accent lighting to create an inviting and functional space.
Whether you are building a new home or business or want to customize your current space, bring in the professionals at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont to create a beautiful and functional lighting design.