No longer just for preventing stains behind stoves, the backsplash has become an artistic feature in the kitchen. With the huge variety of materials available, your design style and lifestyle might be the most important determining factors. Enlist the help of the design professionals at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont to choose a backsplash that will compliment other kitchen materials and add interest to your space.
7 Backsplash Material Options
- Porcelain or Ceramic Tile: You’ll find the widest variety of shapes, sizes and colors for your backsplash if you go with tile. Ideally suited for the kitchen, tile is resistant to water, heat and scratches, and also relatively easy to replace should one become damaged.
- Glass: Another popular choice, glass is perhaps the most customizable material since any image can be mounted to the back. Very easy to clean and durable.
- Granite: Polished granite suits traditional design while the matte finish of honed granite is more suitable for contemporary spaces. A more expensive material that needs sealed to prevent stains.
- Marble: Another beautiful natural stone, marble imparts classic elegance to any kitchen. Like granite, marble will be costlier and also require sealing upkeep.
- Engineered Stone: Available in many colors, quartz composite is an affordable option- especially if also installing matching countertops. It is also nonporous, so it won’t stain!
- Stainless Steel: Heat-resistant, easy to clean and affordable, stainless steel is a good choice for minimalist, modern kitchens.
- Polished Plaster: For a truly unique finish consider plaster, which can be applied in a smooth or weathered texture and uniform or variegated color.
Resource: Houzz Article “How to Choose the Perfect Backsplash” by Sophie Baylis
With the almost limitless choices in colors, patterns and materials of backsplashes, experienced designers are invaluable in narrowing the selection to ensure your decision will enhance your kitchen’s aesthetic. Trust the designers and professional contractors at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont to install a backsplash that will add beauty and functionality to your new or existing kitchen.