Is your home to-do list a mile long? Now that the days are longer and the weather is warmer, the exterior of your home may need some attention and outdoor projects are probably being added to your list. If you’d rather spend time enjoying the summer outside with your family, consider hiring the professionals at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont to take care of your home maintenance and handyman needs.
Laura Gaskill, a frequent contributor on Houzz, interviewed a certified home inspector to compile a checklist of suggested summer preparations for your home.
5 Exterior Home Maintenance Projects for Summer
- Check sprinklers- Manually run through each zone and make necessary adjustments to avoid spraying the house or sidewalk, and replace any broken heads.
- Clean gutters- To prevent damage from heavy rains or thunderstorms, insure that water will be properly directed away from your foundation by cleaning out the gutters.
- Inspect hardscape- Look for damage to your driveway and walkways caused by the freeze-thaw cycle.
- Reseal wood surfaces- It’s recommended to restain and seal your wood deck, pergola and fence about every two years- inspect them for termites at the same time.
- Paint your home- If your home’s exterior paint needs refreshed or if you’re ready for a change, summer is a great season to get this job done.
KBC Remodeling Services of Longmont can quickly and professionally complete all of the above mentioned home maintenance to keep up the curb appeal of your property and allow you to enjoy lazy days of summer in your beautiful backyard. In addition to these exterior maintenance services, our team can handle all types of handyman projects on the inside of your home, from repairing drywall to installing new light or plumbing fixtures- call us today to get that to-do list checked off!