Garages have become an important extension of our homes ever since they became attached to the main structure in the 1950s. Far beyond protecting our cars from the weather, they also provide essential storage and serve as a workshop or hobby area, and sometimes a laundry room or hangout space. Makeover your garage by bringing in the design experts at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont to create a functional and appealing extension of your home!
7 Tips to Makeover Your Garage
- Finish the area with drywall, painting exposed rafters and either sealing the concrete floor or applying another durable finish.
- Install custom cabinetry designed to maximize storage with a mix of closed cabinets and open shelves. Be sure to take advantage of vertical racks for hanging large tools or bikes.
- In addition to wall storage, also utilize overhead space with a pulley system to keep seasonal or occasional items out of the way.
- If the door into your home from the garage is poorly positioned, think about moving it. Or add a door on the side if you would like access to the yard without having to open the huge garage door.
- Adding windows to bring in more natural light would also make the space a lot more inviting and practical when working on projects.
- For those with a detached unit, consider adding sliding glass doors opposite the garage door to utilize the space as a hangout when the car is not parked inside.
- And if you’ve decided that parking your car outside to gain more living space is worth the tradeoff, then converting your garage into an office, studio, guest room or lounge is a relatively inexpensive and fast renovation!
Don’t go through another winter hustling through a crammed and dingy space when you could enjoy entering your home through an organized and inviting garage. KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont can transform your garage with warm finishes and custom organization, or even turn it into a totally new room- call us today to get started!