Hard to believe, but the holidays are right around the corner- and that often means more overnight guests. Unless you have a dedicated guest room, chances are your home office, basement or living room serves double duty by turning into a bedroom as well. The design experts and carpentry masters at KBC Remodeling Services of Longmont can incorporate a bed into beautiful custom cabinetry anywhere in your home for an instant and convenient guest room!
Custom Beds for Double-Duty Guest Rooms
- Built-in daybed: This option is ideal for watching TV when you don’t have company. Choose either storage below or a trundle bed to accommodate even more guests.
- Murphy bed: By folding away when not in use, a Murphy bed works great in a home office with built-in storage on either side.
- Horizontally folding bed: Instead of the traditional Murphy bed that folds down, it might make more sense in your space for the bed to fold out.
- Fold-away bunk beds: If kids are often your overnight guests, this option maximizes sleeping space while taking up the least amount of floor space when extended.
- Custom bunks over normal bed: When you have a large space, like an attic, putting bunk beds over a queen- or king-sized bed will fit the most people possible in one room.
If you’re worried about disguising a fold-away bed, rest assured that we can blend this addition seamlessly with the room décor. Some ideas for the wall containing the bed are to make it an accent wall with wallpaper or weathered wood; or install floor to ceiling, wall to wall custom cabinetry in any finish you desire.
If your home is tight on square footage, you may think there is no way to carve out a dedicated space for guests- but built-in beds make it possible! Get in touch with the professional designers and contractors at KBC Remodeling Services in Longmont to start planning a new guest room with the right custom bed and layout for your space!